Our goal is to bring a Baltimore Gluten Free tradition to your local market.
Why Gluten Free?
Currently, about 3 million Americans have been diagnosed with celiac disease; however, experts believe the actual number of Americans with gluten-sensitivity is closer to 40 million.
Celiac Disease is when your small intestine is hyper sensitive to gluten, which can be found in wheat, barley and other grains; meaning breads and baked goods – the staple of American diet.
At 27th Street Sweets we are passionate to offer the best tasting gluten-free baked goods to all Americans.
27th Street Sweets started in 2005 as a local gluten free bakery in Baltimore. Our master pastry baker, a celiac carrier, wanted others to share in her wonderful pastry creations.
Immediately, the small bakery was crowded with customers from all over Baltimore, surrounding communities and states. Johns Hopkins Hospital and University signed up to carry the products. More universities from neighboring states heard about us and became customers. Local retailers started buying our products.
We brought the product to a major club retailer and the buyer declared that our gluten free desserts are by far the best she has tasted. With that in mind, we are now ready in a major facility to open the product line to a much wider market.
• We carry over 20 flavors of Gluten Free desserts – both frozen and non-frozen.
• Our recipes are crafted in Baltimore and baked in New York.
• Our new facility is Certified Gluten Free by GFCO, Kosher Pareve and SQF level II
• Products have ‘GF’ on labels.
• We have enough capacity to service wide sectors of the US Market
• Shipping is out of NY facility
Call us to bring a Baltimore Gluten Free tradition to your local market.